Who doesn’t love Nutella? I haven’t met a lot of people who disliked Nutella. I’m among the group of people who would put Nutella on almost everything from bread slices to crêpes, not to mention using it as a dipping for fresh fruits like pear, apple and banana.
As far as I’m concerned, Nutella is to sweet dishes what bacon and cheese are for savory dishes. You can basically use Nutella in almost every dessert and it would still be delicious to eat. Maybe that’s why I love making my sister’s Nutella Bundt cake recipe. It’s an easy recipe that doesn’t require a lot of work.
And this Bundt cake goes well with a spoon of Crème Fraiche, in order to balance the sweetness of the cake, and a cup of coffee. It’s a very comforting dessert.
Prep: 20 min Cook: 35-40min 8 Servings
1 cup of All-purpose flour
¼ cup of Almond meal
1 cup of Sugar
½ cup of Milk
200 g of Butter
½ cup and ¼ cup of Nutella
1 and ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
¼ teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of Disaronno
1. Preheat the oven at 350°F.
2. In a bowl, sift the dry ingredients (flour, almond meal, baking powder and salt) together and set aside.
3. Using a stand mixer, mix the butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes before adding the eggs (one by one). Continue to mix until the eggs are properly incorporated to the butter-sugar mixture.
4.Warm the Nutella for 30 seconds using the microwave oven in order to make it more malleable to use.
5. Add the Nutella to the egg mixture. Once all ingredients are homogenously incorporated together, add flour. Then add milk to the batter. Mix until the batter becomes smooth and homogeneous. It’s now the time to add one teaspoon of Disaronno to accentuate the almond flavor of the cake.
6. Pour the batter into a greased and floured round pan. Put the pan in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until a knife come out clean when you dip the cake with it.
Let it cool before serving. Sprinkle some icing sugar over the cake and it’s done.
The cake is better served with a spoon of Crème Fraiche to counterbalance the sweetness of the cake with the sourness of the crème. However, I also don’t mind eating a slice of this cake with spoon of Nutella, after all it is a Nutella cake, isn’t it?
It’s possible to replace Disaronno with any other kind of liquor. It’s also possible to use citrus zests as an alternative to liquor if you want your cake to have a more pronounced citrus flavor.
Almond meal is not a requirement for Nutella cakes. Anyone allergic to nuts can add more flour instead of using almond meal.